It’s that time of year when we all get out our dusters and stock up on cleaning supplies to give our living spaces a bit of a refresh. When you’re ready to get moving on some serious spring cleaning, don’t leave your electronics out of the equation. They deserve a good once over too, not only for appearance’s sake, but for top performance as well. Here are 10 ways you can spruce up your electronics this Spring for a sparkling image, sonorous sound and an aesthetically pleasing systems.
1) Connect all your equipment to a high-quality surge protector or power conditioner to get pure, clean power, eliminating noise, artifacts and interference in A/V, while protecting your gear from damaging surges.
2) Do a quick video calibration to make sure your picture settings are optimized. A video calibration will get your system to the best possible performance based on your environment and preferences. We can help with this.
3) Check your connections. If connections are loose or you feel like the picture quality is not up to snuff, you may need to upgrade to a better HDMI cable.
4) Test your speakers. Sometimes, wires are connected to the wrong speaker, whether it’s a stereo or multichannel surround setup. We can do a quick scan to make sure the sound from your speakers is accurate and tuned to your room.
5) Organize your wires. Labeling and grouping wires will keep them from collecting dust bunnies.
6) Consider ventilation. Aside from harmful power conditions, there is no greater enemy to the life of your equipment than too much heat. Heat trapped in an unventilated equipment room or rack can lead to equipment malfunctioning or shutting down altogether.
7) Amplify your network. The wireless home network is the backbone of the home entertainment system, and you need one that goes beyond what the Internet Service Provider can provide for true performance. Say goodbye to buffering forever!
8) Consider upgrading. There is a lot of great technology that is becoming more and more mainstream. 4K Ultra HD TV looks incredible and prices are coming down. Meanwhile, wireless home audio systems and affordable home automation systems are better than ever.
9) Fix your furniture. This is a good time to consider (or reconsider) your furniture. Does it have wire management capabilities? Is it your style or something you purchased just to house your gear? There are more options than ever, for any taste.
10) Clean it up! Finally, spring clean your system in the truest sense, using electronics cleaners to shine up your screen. Dust behind your electronics and make sure everything is fingerprint-free.
Give us a call (210-828-3237) or contact us on the web for upgrades, calibrations and streamlining your electronics system. Your home will feel invigorated and your system will look and sound better than ever!